Driver hospitalized after cigarette ignites gas cannister in his vehicle

Posted on Thursday, March 18th, 2021 at 12:02 am    

OKLAHOMA CITY, OK – One man was rushed to the hospital after a lit cigarette caused a gas canister to ignite in his vehicl0e Tuesday night.

According to KFOR, the firefighter responded to the scene within the 2000 block of Northwest 12th Street sometime before 11 p.m.

The vehicle went up in flames immediately after the unidentified driver lit a cigarette. He was rushed to a hospital with serious, but non-life-threatening injuries.

This information is presented as a way to help keep our community safer and is not meant to be taken as legal advice. However, the Oklahoma City car accident attorneys at the Abel Law Firm have helped clients secure financial compensation for their medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses. If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident involving another vehicle, contact us today for a free consultation.

Voted Oklahoma's Best Personal Injury Law Firm

Oklahomans across the state have recognized the Abel Law Firm's unique heritage as a statewide institution. Founded by Ed Abel, and today led by his son, Luke Abel, our personal injury law firm has become synonymous with empathy, compassion, and the highest professional performance serving our neighbors. Our family has sought to leave a profound impact upon the State of Oklahoma. We appreciate that former Governor Mary Fallin recognized that dedication when she declared May 1st "Ed Abel Day."

To be named Oklahoma's Best Personal Injury Law Firm is humbling. We are grateful to have won this prestigious honor. We work every day to earn the trust of those we serve: Oklahoma families who are facing some of the most difficulty days of their lives due to the negligence of others. It is our intention and resolve to continue to be deserving of the faith Oklahomans have placed in our family's law firm. Thank you!

Get a free case review