New Yorker badly burned by exploding Apple product
Posted on Monday, March 23rd, 2015 at 8:13 pm
A man from New York recently claimed that a bursting iPhone battery left him with a severe burn injury to his thigh, a CNN article stated on March 5.
Erik Johnson said he bent over to pick up the keys that he dropped when the iPhone 5C inside his pocket exploded. The incident reportedly happened on February 14. According to Johnson, the defective product left him with a wound similar to the size of a football. Johnson received treatment at a burn center in Staten Island for 10 days and is still recovering. A lawyer enlisted by Johnson said his client bought the phone in 2014 and was not using a battery cover or a third-party charger. The smartphone maker stated that they are already investigating the incident.
If you believe that you have been injured by a faulty product, working with a skilled product liability legal team is crucial, particularly if you will need additional funds to address your medical expenses. Find out how the Oklahoma lawyers of Abel Law Firm may work for you today by calling 405-239-7046.